Its persimmon season! Persimmon means 'food of the gods' in Latin, and are a powerhouse in offering 55% of the daily value of vitamin A among other nutrients including vitamin C, manganese, fiber, and B-complex vitamins. Upgrade your oatmeal with this Vegan Persimmon & Turmeric Porridge.
Prep Time - 5 Minutes
Passive Time - 30 minutes
Servings - 2 Bowls
- 1 scoop UB Super Vanilla Vegan Protein Superfood Nutritional Shake or Plant Based Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup Favorite Unsweetened Non-dairy Milk
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats
- 4 tablespoons Ground Flax Seed
- 2 Persimmons, medium, top leaves removed
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 inch Ginger Root, fresh
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Honey to drizzle
- In a blender, blend UB Super Vanilla Vegan Protein Superfood Nutritional Shake, non-dairy milk, persimmon, ginger root, cinnamon, turmeric, and sea salt.
- In 2 small bowls, pour ½ cup oats and 2 tablespoons flax seed in each bowl. Pour equal amounts of the blended mixture into the bowls and stir until combined.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drizzle with honey (optional) and enjoy!